Thursday, June 16, 2016

It's the Final Countdown!!!

Well...we're down to one week!! One week from today till surgery! Thursday, June 23 is the day!

It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday that I ONLY have 1 WEEK! 1 week to tie up loose ends at work and at home. 1 week to finish the preparations. 1 week...to cram in as much time as I can with the people I love! Where am I going to find the time to get it all done?? (Insert Panic!)

And then those "What If...'s" come creeping in, bringing more panic!

And then..."life happens"...leveling me once again (it's happened plenty of times just since I've started blogging about this journey!)!

And then...all of a sudden the brakes slam on this out-of-control-vehicle in my brain and I'm reminded of who the author of fear is; the very one who seeks to steal, kill, and destroy me. It's in that moment when I've realized I've begun to stumble and that I need to reconnect with my Solid Ground. It's in that moment that I'm reminded of HOPE, of HEALING, of PEACE - the calm amidst the storm.

So, as I approach this week, I'm very aware of the love that surrounds me. I'm grateful for it and it's truly the greatest gift in my life. I'm momumentally thankful for the prayers, words of encouragment and well wishes. I'm getting done as much as I can get done and I'm surrendering what I can't (which is a REALLY big pill for me to swallow!!). I'm scared, and at times, may cry more than I'd like. But I put that kick-ass playlist on and I get mad...mad at the one who's playing games with me, mad at the one who is whispering some of my biggest fears in my ear, and I fight back with the Truth and the knowledge that my enemy has already lost!

I am expecting all to go well. I'm expecting to feel much better after I've recovered. But most of all, I am expecting to be "good as new" because, more than ever, I am being reminded that I am here for a purpose...and it's not finished yet. I still have work to do!

I was given this scripture tonight...and it's perfect for this next week! It's one I haven't seen before, but definitely one for the Memory Bank:

"For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."  (Zephaniah 3:17)

As I spend time with my loved ones this week, this often-quoted scripture comes to mind :
"...Faith, Hope and Love - and the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:13)
This verse right here...it's what gets me through. It's the greatest "weapon" I have when the fear kicks in, because I'm instantly reminded of all the love and concern that surrounds me every day...and THAT drives away the fear! 

So..."as for me, I will always have HOPE"! (Psalm 71:14)






1 comment:

  1. YOU Got This!! We are thinking of you and praying for a rapid, highly motivated, truly dedicated, Boom Schaka-Lakawesome recovery :) <3 Semper Fi, Todd

    ReplyDelete