Wednesday, June 22, 2016

...2...1...GO!

Day 2 before surgery is in the books! 1 more day and a wake up...if I even sleep tomorrow!

There were lots of tears today as I walked away from my office. The uncertainty of the future is scary. I will miss the faces of the family I spend my every day with. I will miss saying "farewell" to those who will be changing duty stations while I'm recovering. So much will have changed by the time I return. Mostly, I will miss the way they all make me smile and laugh each and every day! I love my Marine family...more than I have words to say...and even on the days they make me crazy! hahaha! As I walked out of my office shaking and in tears today, one of the Marines I work with hugged me and carried my things to my car for me. He told me that everything was going to be fine, that they loved me and would be coming to see me. In that moment, the reality of how much my Marine family is there for me...and has been there for me...hit me and I felt it one more time. People wonder why I work like I do...that's why, and there's a million more reasons I could add to it.

The day was made better when I arrived home to find a good friend waiting on me at my house. She came to brighten my day with a visit, some fresh blueberries, and even baked me some amazing blueberry muffins!! We tested her recipe with my gluten free flour and they were awesome!!! I am super excited to have muffins in the freezer to come home to!

Another friend came over shortly after, brought Taco Bell, and continued to help me get all my paperwork in order because she knew my brain was on overload and I just couldn't make any more decisions. As we finished up, I could feel my anxiety settling some as I became more confident about where things are and where to direct people while I'm recovering.

And then...my sweet son made dinner for us tonight...a late one, but VERY tasty! Chicken, brown rice, onion, cilantro...and all kinds of yumminess! He's scared too, but trying his best to give me what he can. That young man holds my whole heart.

I have been showered with blessings today, and in the past few days, in so many ways! I'm grateful to a God who fights the bigger battle so that fear doesn't consume me; who loves me enough to show me just how much through the people He sends my way.

Tonight, I'm going to sleep...for a long time.

Tomorrow, I have some last minute things to wrap up for work, but I'm not pushing myself. I seriously doubt that I will sleep again before surgery, and if I do, it will be minimal. I will be focused on lists to make, my bag to pack for the hospital, and spending time with my loved ones in person or over the phone. I have much to look forward to tomorrow and it will be a good day...

...but for now, it's time to sleep. Sweet dreams, my friends! <3 <3 <3


2 comments:

  1. Love you dear Kati!!! Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What hospital? How long will you be there? Nettie text info to my cell. Nettie

    ReplyDelete