Friday, June 10, 2016

I Can See the Light of a Clear Blue Morning...Everything's Gonna Be Alright, It's Gonna Be OK!

I have been asked recently why all my blog post titles were song lyrics. Well, that's an easy answer...because music is a huge part of me, it's the background of my life, so it makes sense that I make it part of my blog about my life experiences. It has the power to transform my entire being. One song can trigger sadness, or nostalgia, or sheer happiness. A song can empower me and get my adrenaline pumping. And sometimes it can make me so happy that I can't stop singing! Today's title is one of THOSE songs! It's from the movie "Straight Talk" with Dolly Parton. One of my favorite singers, one of my favorite movies, and without question one of my favorite "feel good" songs that instantly puts a smile on my face...much like you have done for me over the last several days!

Last week, I asked for reinforcements for the battle I'll be facing with my surgery. I have been overwhelmed with words of encouragement, prayers, and SONGS - both familiar and new to me! I am humbled, grateful and OVERJOYED!! I honestly have no words to express how completely full my heart is! Today marks 2 weeks until I go in for surgery. Yesterday, I got most of the heaviest parts of my family responsibilities completed. I have since been allowing all those gifts of love to truly soak in to the deepest places of my soul! I am so grateful to each of you who took a moment to write to me. Please know that I will be capturing every message to look back on while I'm recovering and keep checking in as I love those quick "Hey! Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you!" notes just as much! Time is the most precious gift we have and I feel honored that you chose to spend some of yours on me.

I am beyond grateful to those who have come to help me prepare my home for recovery so my mind and spirit can truly rest and recover without worry; I am beyond grateful for the care and concern shown to me at work and by my colleagues as I prepare to be away for awhile; and I am beyond grateful to those willing to help look after me while I'm recovering! I am very much a blessed girl and I don't have adequate words to express my thanks! Truly!

As the heaviness from certain responsibilites lifted yesterday, it was as if I could feel the heaviness lifting away from my spirit, as well. My spirit is truly at peace down deep and it's a peace that runs so deep, nothing seems to penetrate it. That surface level fear is still there, trying to break through and destroy that peace, but fortunately, I recognize that, know that it's superficial, and choose to run it off quickly. (The songs help!) Today, I CAN see the light of a clear blue morning and I'm believing the best is yet to come from this surgery. I won't say that I'm confident in this procedure, because I would be lying, but I AM believing the best...that Everything's Gonna Be Alright, It's Gonna Be Ok! As I've said before, I'm confident in the One who has all this in His hands, and ultimately, that's where my confidence needs to be!

Friends, you have been so good to me and I wish you could all see the big smiles you bring to my face! I wish so desperately that I could reach out and hug each and every one of you and spend some quality time with EACH of you to lift you up, speak life into you and affirm you...to be the blessing that you've been to me! My goal is that one day I will! Until then, feel free to comment here, message me on Facebook (Kati Posey Toney) or Snapchat (katitoney) and KNOW that I love you!

Thank you for helping me work through the darkness so I can see the light again! Enjoy this song!

Dolly Parton - Light of a Clear Blue Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment